Why use Balance?
No more assessment weeks; no more filling trackers; no more time wasted
- Time is precious. Balance is simple to use and ensures teachers focus on what matters most.
- The curriculum is broken down into easy progressive steps making planning and assessment much more straight-forward.
- Working deeper elements are invaluable in helping teachers provide depth to the new curriculum.
- Balance helps teachers to better inform their lesson planning.
- Teachers can easily review previous learning to ensure a perfect pitch for every pupil.
- Teachers can capture learning, allowing immediate feedback to shape next steps.
Getting every next step right
- Pupils become actively involved in the learning process and understand more clearly their next steps. As a result of this, they make significant gains in their learning.
- Pupils develop a better understanding of how they are doing and where they need to progress on a daily basis.
- Simple and clear graphs show exactly where strengths and areas for development are.
- Balance opens up conversations for teachers to coach children through misconceptions and next steps in learning
Progress measures that just make sense
Assessment information collated provides a reliable and honest picture of progress & attainment for pupils, groups & cohorts.
Progress measures that are personal to your curriculum & school.
Areas for development are clearly identified allowing targeted interventions to be put in place.
Gap analysis allows for clear and accurate target setting that can be shared with all stakeholders.
- Balance is in complete alignment with recommendations from the DFE, NAHT & Assessment Without Levels Commission 2015.
Parents' nights will never be the same
- Every area of the curriculum is clear.
- Using our intuitive graphs, parents can see exactly where they need to support their children.
- In Balance schools, parents nights will never be the same again.
- Future functionality will allow parents and teachers to engage like never before.